Friday, June 10, 2011

Togo or not to go. That is the question...

So, I like to plan things. And I am at my most comfortable when I know exactly what's going to happen on each and every day.  Now, if you think I must feel UNcomfortable a lot of time, you may be on to something, but let's start that therapy session when I get back, OK?

Seems like there has been a change in plans.

Not so unlike the U.S., while George is on vacation from his main job as director of district education in the Volta Region, things are really hopping in Volta and they've asked him to end his vacation early. So instead of driving me back to Accra on the 22nd (original plan), we have to leave Wa on the 18th. Rather than spend 5 days in Accra by myself, I have the opportunity to go with George to Volta on Saturday, and Bea will join us Sunday night as she has family business to take care of in Banga before that.

Volta is most famous for Lake Volta and its crocodiles and Bea is excited at the prospect of visiting a particular area where you can watch them feed. (OK, Kevin - if you are reading this - I KNOW what you're thinking and it will BE OK, and I have NOT seen a snake anywhere...). 

Volta borders the nation of Togo where, George says, there is no official border so we can cross freely to visit Togo as well. You can see Togo in relation to Ghana right here.  In Volta, we will be in the town of Ho, which is on the southern end of Lake Volta.

1 comment:

  1. Judy,
    It sounds like you are having a LIFETIME experience. I am so happy for you!! I am sorry that I did not get to see you before you left. I am glad that you are there safely and I will pray for you and your mission everyday that you are gone until you return.

    Take care! and God Speed!

    Love you
    Kat

    ReplyDelete