Friday, June 10, 2011

Tea. No milk. No sugar.

I think that's my new nickname around here. I looked online and there are t-shirts that say this, but I have no idea why.



Bea is fascinated by many aspects of my life, but none moreso than the fact that I drink me tea plain. No milk. No sugar.  So every time she makes tea, she will bring me a cup and say "Tea, no milk, no sugar" and then begin to laugh hysterically. I'm glad that I can bring some amusement to people. She is also intrigued by the idea of eating plantain for breakfast (we do this pretty often at home) with brown sugar and butter, and I'm making this for everyone for breakfast today. Although she and the housegirl Mary seem mighty suspicious of the whole endeavor.

Today, I (aka TeaNoMilkNoSugar) will visit 2 of the first group of kids we sponsored nearly 4 years ago.  Joseph is now 15. Agnes is now 13. We are also visiting the Upperwest Science Foundation office to meet volunteers and seeing a piece of land the USF purchased awhile ago in hopes of building an Upperwest Science Academy (USA), which would be the first science and technology-dedicated school in the region.

No comments:

Post a Comment