Sunday, June 5, 2011

At O'Hare

As is my usual travel practice, I arrived at the airport 1 hour and 40 minutes before I really had to be here.  That's OK though, because I am NOT the kind of person who thrives on mad dashed through airports.  It is challenging enough for me to remember to remove everything I need to remove from whatever casing it's in, not to mention the hat on my head, while going through a fairly dead Security area.  If Security was backed up and people were crabby and the place was utter chaos, there's no telling what I'd forget where. I am just not good in airports and I admit it. I don't like removing my laptop and I'm not particularly fond of taking off my shoes. I DO like to people watch so I have time for that.  And in the International Terminal, people listening is interesting too. I can only hope the person(s) sitting near me speak English. Or can do good hand signals.

So that was the first piece of good luck, or "travel mercies."

The plane has arrived so that would be the second piece of good luck.

Early today my son asked me if I had everything I needed and I answered, "probably not." 

But here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment