Thursday, June 23, 2011

At Kotoka Airport

I have to admit the Departures Terminal is better than the Arrivals Terminal.

1. It's air-conditioned.


2. The washrooms are almost normal. Almost. There was no toilet paper and no running water from the faucets.  I don't know why I expected there would be these little amenities. But I did.


It took 45 minutes to go through customs - to get to the front of the line, only to be greeted by a Ghanaian army woman who sayed "Aye, obruni - what do you have in your suitcases?"  Wow. I could have said anything.  Explosives. Aerosol cans. Liquor.  I said "Clothes and some other stuff."


And that was that.

I am preparing now to go through Security to get eye-scanned (again) and finger printed (again), and get my backpack x-rayed and myself x-rayed too.

More from Heathrow, where Blackberries work and bathroom faucets have running water.

No comments:

Post a Comment