Saturday, June 25, 2011

There and back again

If this was anything other than a blog, I'd get sued for that title because it belongs to Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings. But Bilbo's probably not reading this blog.

I'm not sure what it says about me as a person, but I feel better than I thought I would.  After a 12-hour sleep, I feel acclimated to home.  I have unpacked everything and washed about 1/2 of everything. I've watered my flowers and put my pots and dishes back were I like them.  Where I like them - do you hear? I can travel to Ghana and live with bucket showers and winged worms but I can't live with my favorite cereal bowl and mug in the wrong cabinet.  Hey! My favorite cereal bowl and mug were in the wrong cabinet.  Do you hear? Woe to the person or person who try to hide my favorite cereal bowl and mug from me.  Woe.

I drove for the first time today in almost three weeks and did a good job.  I expected to feel weird but I didn't. I enjoyed the relative orderliness of the traffic. How people used turn signals, stayed in their lanes, and obeyed the speed limits.

I also remembered how to use the washing machine (after having to learn what "bucket laundry" is all about), the dishwasher, and my flat iron.  Even though I learned to live without them, I love having my appliances back.

Do you hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment